Memorandum of Understanding
This Memorandum of Understanding (“MOU”) is effective as of May 16, 2022 by and between the European Association of Nuclear Medicine (“EANM”) and the European Thyroid Association (“ETA”). The parties hereby agree to the following:
Article 1: Purpose and Scope
- To promote constant academic collaboration between the ETA and the EANM
- To exchange the information of each society’s activities and topics of mutual interest
- To expand partnership between the two societies
Article 2: Areas of Collaboration
The areas of collaboration between the EANM and the ETA might include, but are not limited to, the following initiatives:
- Mutual invitations to educational activities at an international level
- Joint activities towards Guideline writing
- Exchange of observers at respective Committees of each society upon invitation
Provisions for the areas of collaboration:
- Both parties are obliged to cover potential costs for each of its representatives in joint activities. Any joint activity involving costs need a proper budget and approval of the respective Boards before being launched.
Article 3: Timing
- Leadership meetings may be held, based on the agreement between the two societies, when this is deemed necessary.
Article 4: Future Cooperation
- The present MOU will be valid for 3 years.
- After 3 years, this MOU can be revised by both societies.
- Points of contact between the societies:
- ETA: ETA Secretary and Chair of the ETA Guidelines and Publications Board
- EANM: EANM Committee Coordinator and EANM Office
The present MOU elucidates the general conditions and arrangements for the future cooperation between the concerned parties. It is not legally binding on the parties. The exact terms and conditions of this future cooperation will be negotiated.
May 16, 2022
For and on behalf of EANM
EANM President, 2021-2022
For and on behalf of ETA
Download the Memorandum (PDF)